We grow and supply trees for screening and privacy whether you want to conceal an ugly view, create extra privacy in your garden or soften an unsightly feature.
Trees for screening and privacy can be used in interesting ways in your garden or property. A fence may act as a boundary but if you have overlooking buildings or windows the fence alone may not offer you the screening you would like. Stilted screening using pleached or box head trees is one option and a great way to add interest to your garden using trees to offer extra privacy without compromising on the design.
Hedging is also an important component of any garden providing strength and structure to the design while also providing for screen planting. At Nangle & Niesen we help you to make an informed decision for your hedging based on soil type, aspect, height, availability and design requirements.
Whether you are seeking an evergreen hedge for screen planting or the seasonal interest of a deciduous hedge we can offer everything from bare root transplants to 2M+ root-balled or container grown instant hedging. We grow and supply for private and commercial customers across Ireland and the UK and are happy to offer practical advice to ensure you choose the right hedging plants for your screen planting requirements.
Popular mature hedging plants supplied include Prunus lusitanica (Portuguese Laurel), Buxus sempervirens (Box), Fagus sylvatica (Beech), Ilex aquifolium (Holly), Caprinus betula (Hornbeam), x Cupressocyparis leylandii and Photinia Red Robin.
The benefits of instant or mature hedges include;
- Structure – an evergreen backbone ideal as a foil for other planting.
- Instant mature hedge providing soft screening and privacy.
- Security – native mixed hedges provide a dense and natural barrier to potential intruders.
- Wildlife corridors – provides important habitats for native bird species and insects.
- Seasonal variations in colour and growth provide all year round interest.
- Wind and noise barrier.
- Softens new build houses and gives immediate character and warmth.
Please feel free to contact us at any stage to discuss your requirements. We are happy to have the opportunity to showcase our stock and welcome visits to the nursery by appointment.